Academic Coach and Life Skills Class Lesson Plans
Academic Coach Schedule:
(for each class period)
2. Notebook Check
3. Complete EOC/ACT/SAT Prep Classwork
4. Ask Questions about Assignments from classes
5. Review for upcoming test/quiz
|Life Skills Lesson Plans
The following list shows some academic activities we will be covering the second nine weeks. The student's ability will determine the level of instructions in all subject areas:
Job Skills Math
2. Computing change
3. How to read different graphs: Bar graphs, line graphs, and pie graphs
4. Elapsed Time
5. Compute Sales Tax
Life Skills English
1. Review 20 vocabulary words that we see everyday in our environment. (weekly list)
2. Read a reading selection and answer comprehension questions.
3. Learning how to formulate a complete sentence or write a basic paragraph.
4. Reviewing cursive writing.
5. Completing personal information for future job applicaiton forms.
Life Skills Science/Social Studies
1. Learning parts of the body and it's functions.
2. Understanding Citizenships and Bill of Rights.
3. Learning about Miranda Rights.
4. Learning about Congress and how Checks and Balance works.
1. Learning how to type correctly. (Typing Skills)
2. How to fill out job application forms.
3. Learning our personal information such as street address, city, state, and zip code.
4. Learning how to advocate for ourselves in different situations in today's society.
1. Learning how to fill out job applications.
2. How to behave on a job site.
3. Identifying personal rights for obtaining help in a work place.
4. Knowing when to ask for an interpreter on a job site.